Sunday, March 7, 2010

Something to think about..

Right now for the Honors Option, I am reading "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho and I came across this excerpt that caught my eye and really made me think--

"...When someone sees the same people every day, as had happened with him at the seminary, they wind up becoming a part of that person's life. And then they want the person to change. If someone isn't what others want them to be, the others become angry. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own."

I like this passage because this reminds me that each person has their own goals and dreams. As the days leading up to college are coming near,I feel kind of scared because I am still undecided about what I want to do after college. I haven't really found an area of study that I feel really passionate about, YET. This passage made me realize that I don't always have to listen to people when they tell me that I should study this, or I should study that.

But anyways..So far, I really like this book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment